Petra Construction Corporation is an award-winning building construction firm based in North Haven, CT. Established in 1953, Petra has substantial experience and has successfully completed projects in the biotechnology, corporate, education, healthcare, religious, specialized and custom residential markets. Visit our website at www.petraconstruction.com for examples of our work.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant provides assistance and support as needed to all aspects of project management to ensure all construction projects are completed successfully.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the production of all monthly time and materials cost-based bills and associated reports and cover sheets;
- Provide support to Accounts Payable as required, including invoice coding, invoice entry, subcontract procedures and payments;
- Support Accounts Receivable in cash receipt posting and credit control;
- Learn and assist with all G/L and cashbook procedures, including month-end reconciliations;
- Gain knowledge of all job cost procedures and information and assist with the production of reports and data entry;
- Complete other tasks as directed by the CFO.
- Maximize utilization of company software systems, with a concentration in Sage 300 CRE, MS Excel and MS Access programs;
- Analyze data and develop systems to help streamline processes;
- Assist in the maintenance and synchronization of information between all office systems.
- The Senior Accountant is expected to participate in company-sponsored and/or required training and to proactively self-identify training needs to management.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent related work experience;
- Five or more years of general accounting experience - prior accounting experience at a construction firm is a plus;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Computer proficiency, including experience with MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Access, and the ability to learn and use accounting-specific and industry-specific software;
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- To be decisive and work well under pressure, particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays;
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once while analyzing and resolving specific problems;
- Must be comfortable working within a team environment.
CT residence strongly preferred; no relocation assistance available.
Benefits offered include health, dental and vision insurance, health savings account contributions, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays and educational assistance.
Petra Construction Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.