Established in 1953, Petra Construction Corp. is a mid-sized, award-winning general contracting/construction management firm located in North Haven, CT. Petra is seeking a working superintendent for private-sector construction projects in Fairfield and New Haven Counties. Our projects vary in size, type (new and renovation) and project delivery method. Visit our website at www.petraconstruction.com for examples of our work.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a construction superintendent;
- High school graduate/GED;
- Experience in constructing new buildings from out-of-the-ground through close-out preferred;
- Experience renovating existing structures from demolition through close-out;
- Prior healthcare facility and laboratory renovation experience desired;
- Effective time management skills;
- Capable of reading, understanding, and analyzing construction drawings and specifications;
- Ability to plan, schedule, and lay out work for employees;
- Capable of reading, understanding, and implementing project schedules;
- Coordinate, schedule, and oversee subcontractors;
- Schedule and accept job site deliveries;
- Maintain inventory of Petra-purchased materials;
- Process paperwork as required by company policies and applicable contracts;
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of record/as-built drawings;
- Effective communicator and company representative who has the ability to work with owners, field personnel and project management staff;
- Self-perform interior fit-up work and temporary protection measures when needed;
- Technology skills: Ability to generate and review records, reports and emails using a laptop computer or tablet and mobile phone;
- Ability to inspect work in progress;
- Strong safety record;
- OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 preferred;
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
If offered employment:
- Must successfully pass a post-offer physical exam, drug screen and background check.
- Due to business necessity, COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to first day of work. Petra Construction will consider accommodations for those who cannot be vaccinated for disability- or religious-based reasons.
Benefits offered include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Section 125 Plan
- 401(k) - Pre-Tax & Roth
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Company Vehicle (for business use)
Petra Construction Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.