Petra Construction Corp. is seeking diversified, experienced Carpenters. Established in 1953, Petra is a mid-sized award-winning general contracting/construction management firm located in North Haven, CT. Visit our website at www.petraconstruction.com for examples of our work.
- Build, applying standard principles of carpentry and joinery;
- Commercial wood and metal framing
- Hang and finish drywall
- Communicate effectively with others on the work site;
- Report to work daily and on time;
- Observe company and customer safety and security policies and procedures;
- Use equipment and materials properly;
- Work in university, laboratory, and hospital environments;
- Work throughout the State of Connecticut;
- Perform physically-demanding work.
- High school graduate/GED with 5–10 years' experience in a position that requires utilization of intermediate to advanced carpentry skills.
- Residential framing experience a plus;
- Ceramic tile experience a plus;
- Knowledge of:
- Materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, commercial or residential;
- Arithmetic, algebra and geometry and their applications in construction;
- Construction means and methods;
- Carpentry machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
If offered employment:
- Must successfully pass a post-offer physical exam, drug screen and background check.
- Due to business necessity, COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to first day of work. Petra Construction will consider accommodations for those who cannot be vaccinated for disability- or religious-based reasons.
Employee benefits offered include medical, dental and vision insurance, health savings account, life and disability insurance, 401(k) Plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays and educational assistance.
Petra Construction Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.