Petra Construction Corporation, a mid-sized general contracting/construction management firm based in North Haven, CT, is seeking an experienced Skilled Laborer to physically assist carpenters and site supervisors in the performance of construction activities.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Moving/loading/unloading construction materials;
- Final cleaning of small rooms or areas;
- General rough carpentry to assist with building protection or erecting temporary protection;
- Sweeping and general job site cleanup;
- Maintenance and cleaning of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Knowledge of carpentry machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to:
- Report to work as scheduled and on time;
- Communicate effectively:
- Work well with others;
- Follow directions;
- Perform physically-demanding work;
- Learn new things;
- Observe Company and customer safety and security policies and procedures;
- Work throughout the State of Connecticut.
- OSHA 10 certification is a plus.
- Prior experience assisting a mason is desirable.
If offered employment:
- Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and background check.
- Due to business necessity, COVID-19 primary vaccination and booster are required prior to first day of work. Petra Construction will consider accommodations for those who cannot be vaccinated for disability- or religious-based reasons.
Employee benefits offered include medical, dental, and vision insurances, health savings account, life and disability insurances, 401(k) Plan, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays and educational assistance.
Petra Construction Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.